The Prince George Native Friendship Centre has programs that are able to accommodate college or university students who have completed courses in Social Work, Early Childhood Education, Counselling, Nursing or other related fields, and are in need of completing their practicum in order to complete their courses.
Practicum opportunities are available with the following programs:
• Aboriginal Child and Youth Wellness (ACYW)
• Aboriginal Infant and Family Development (AIFDP)
• Native Healing Centre (NHC)
• Power of Friendship Aboriginal Head Start (POFAHS)
• Prince George Aboriginal Head Start (PGAHS)
Anyone interested in completing their practicum in one of these programs should contact the coordinator of that program directly. You can find the contact information on our Contact Us or Program and Services page.
All practicum students must have a Criminal Record Check completed before commencing their practicum within a Prince George Native Friendship Centre program.